Trek Rail 9.9 Gen 3
The Rail 9.9 is our best long-travel electric mountain bike. You get an extra-beefy carbon frame, unbelievably smooth RockShox suspension, super-precise Shimano XTR drivetrain and a powerful Bosch Performance Line CX motor with an extra-long range battery and the new smart system LED remote and Kiox display that pair with the eBike Flow app to give you activity tracking, navigation and Bluetooth connectivity.
The tech you get
An upgraded OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with longer reach and oversized head tube and seat tube for maximum strength. An extra-long-range 750 Wh battery, ultra-adjustable RockShox ZEB Ultimate fork, RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft shock and ultra-responsive Shimano XTR 1x12 drivetrain. You get Bosch's new smart system Performance Line CX with a new Bluetooth® LED remote for easy connectivity and all-in-one navigation and activity tracking through the eBike Flow app, plus TyreWiz and AirWiz pressure monitoring.
The final word
The Rail 9.9 is all about top-shelf tech. RockShox's best enduro fork, Bosch's biggest battery, the super-refined shifting of XTR, an updated frame, TyreWiz and AirWiz pressure monitoring, plus Bosch's latest tech with smart system.
The tech you get
|Frame||OCLV Mountain Carbon, Removable Integrated Battery, 150 mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox ZEB Ultimate, 160 mm travel|
|Wheels||Bontrager Line Pro 30, OCLV Mountain Carbon|
|Rear derailleur||Shimano XTR, 12-speed|
|Brake set||Shimano XTR 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube 750|
|Motor||Bosch Performance CX|
Why you'll love it
- Bosch's new smart system gives you all the same power and responsiveness with a new Bluetooth-connected LED remote and eBike Flow app that puts even more control and customisation at your fingertips
- TyreWiz and AirWiz let you confirm that your tyres, fork and shock are at the right pressure at a glance. No more getting the pump or gauge out just to check
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- The new frame is extra stout, with a 34.9 mm seat tube to accommodate more robust dropper posts, and an oversized head tube that works with burly eMTB-optimised forks for less flex and more precise steering
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage