Trek Rail 5 Gen 3 Red
The Rail 5 is a full-suspension electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analogue trail bikes, plus a powerful Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
A burly alloy frame with 150 mm of rear travel and a 500 Wh Removable Integrated Battery, an e-MTB optimised 160 mm RockShox 35 Gold RL fork, the latest from Bosch with smart system Performance Line CX capable of speeds up to 32 km/h, including the new Bluetooth® LED remote for easy connectivity and all-in-one navigation and activity tracking through the eBike Flow app. Plus, a 1x12 drive train with a wide gear range so you can always find the ideal cadence for the motor, a dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes for more downhill confidence and 29er wheels with nimble yet grippy 2.6" tyres.
The final word
Rail 5 is our best-value long-travel e-MTB. It's equally as capable as our regular long-travel trail bikes, it just gets you back to the top in a flash. The powerful Bosch drive systems and durable part spec make for long-lasting fun.
Why you'll love it
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Bosch's new smart system gives you all the same power and responsiveness with a new Bluetooth-connected LED remote and eBike Flow app that puts even more control and customisation at your fingertips
- The controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent e-MTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same hard-charging frame tech as Remedy, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents