2022 Trek Rail 5 Black Green
Sorry Currently Sold Out
The Rail 5 is a full-suspension electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analogue trail bikes, plus a powerful Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
A burly alloy frame with 150 mm of rear travel that fully encases a 500 Wh battery, an e-MTB-optimised 160 mm RockShox 35 Gold RL fork, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 20 mph (32 km/h in Europe) and a Purion controller. Plus, a 1x12 drivetrain with a wide gear range so you can always find the ideal cadence for the motor, a dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes for more downhill confidence and 29er Bontrager wheels with nimble yet grippy 2.6" tyres.
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same hard-charging frame tech as Remedy, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage