Trek Rail 9.8 GX AXS Gen 4
The tech you get
An upgraded OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with longer reach and oversized head tube and seat tube for maximum strength. An extra-long-range 750 Wh battery, a super responsive RockShox ZEB Select+ fork and RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft shock. You get SRAM GX AXS wireless electronic shifting and the latest from Bosch with smart system Performance Line CX, including the new Bluetooth® System Controller that’s integrated into the top tube and compact Mini Remote to change modes.
The final word
This bike features across-the-board upgrades that make it a serious ripper – especially the AXS drivetrain. It's built for hammering gnarly descents, then flying right back up again thanks to the powerful Bosch motor, 750 Wh battery and parts that can keep up with all that rowdy riding.
|Frame||OCLV Mountain Carbon, Removable Integrated Battery, 150 mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox ZEB Select+, 160 mm travel|
|Wheels||Bontrager Line Pro 30|
|Rear derailleur||Sram GX AXS|
|Brake set||SRAM Code R 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube 750Wh, smart system (M, L, XL) - 625Wh (S)|
|Controller||Bosch System Controller BRC3100, smart system
Bosch Mini Remote BRC3300, smart system
Bosch Performance Line CX, smart system, magnesium motor body, 85 Nm
Why you'll love it
- The new System Controller shows your currently-selected assist level and remaining battery level. It’s neatly integrated into the top tube for maximum protection and a sleek look.
- Bosch’s new smart system gives you all the same power and responsiveness with a new discrete Mini Remote that’s streamlined with just the controls you need at your fingertips to toggle through assist levels or change to walk mode
- Intelligent eMTB and eMTB Lite modes adjust the assist automatically based on your input to give you just the right amount of power for your ride
- The new frame is extra stout with a 34.9 mm seat tube to accommodate more robust dropper posts and an oversized head tube that works with burly e-MTB-optimised forks for less flex and more precise steering
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage