2022 Trek Rail 9
The Rail 9 is our top-of-the-line alloy electric mountain bike with long-travel suspension. It features a suspension set-up and parts worthy of the gnarliest enduro runs, and the powerful Bosch drive system will get you back up the mountain faster than you ever thought possible.
It's right for you if...
You're looking for a long-travel e-MTB that gives you a serious power boost without holding you back from hitting the techy terrain and big drops you love. You prefer to drop your upgrade budget on a plush suspension set-up and killer parts than on a frame.
The tech you get
A burly alloy frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery, a super responsive RockShox ZEB fork with extra-beefy 38 mm stanchions and loads of adjustability, a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate shock with an updated Thru Shaft damper, a Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 32 km/h, and a Kiox controller. A SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain with an extra-low 52-tooth climbing gear, powerful 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels with robust Bontrager SE5 Team Issue tyres that come completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
Fork - 160mm travel
Rear - 150mm travel
The final word
Our top-shelf alloy Rail features major upgrades to the suspension, drivetrain, dropper and more. If you’re looking for an e-MTB that’s spec’d like our best long-travel trail bikes and shreds just as hard, look no further.
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- The full-colour Kiox display shows ride info, connects with your Bluetooth® enabled devices and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- The Bosch motor gives you plenty of power for tackling steep climbs with the efficiency to keep exploring all day. Rider-friendly features, like Walk Assist and eMTB mode, help you make the most of every ride
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage