2022 Trek Rail 9
It's right for you if...You're looking for a long-travel e-MTB that gives you a serious power boost without holding you back from hitting the techy terrain and big drops you love. You prefer to drop your upgrade budget on a plush suspension set-up and killer parts than on a frame.
The tech you getA burly alloy frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery, a super responsive RockShox ZEB fork with extra-beefy 38 mm stanchions and loads of adjustability, a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate shock with an updated Thru Shaft damper, a Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 32 km/h, and a Kiox controller. A SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain with an extra-low 52-tooth climbing gear, powerful 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels with robust Bontrager SE5 Team Issue tyres that come completely tubeless-ready, including sealant. Fork - 160mm travel
Rear - 150mm travel
The final wordOur top-shelf alloy Rail features major upgrades to the suspension, drivetrain, dropper and more. If you’re looking for an e-MTB that’s spec’d like our best long-travel trail bikes and shreds just as hard, look no further.
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- The full-colour Kiox display shows ride info, connects with your Bluetooth® enabled devices and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- The Bosch motor gives you plenty of power for tackling steep climbs with the efficiency to keep exploring all day. Rider-friendly features, like Walk Assist and eMTB mode, help you make the most of every ride
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage